Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Highlighter Girl

Her strokes are so sensitive, done with such passion. On day one she used a neon green, then a pink, but lately she's been concentrated on neon yellow, kinda reminds me of the time I myself was obsessed with neon orange. She moves her utensil with such elegance across the page, up, down, zig-zag, whatever you name it, every movement she decides to take, she does it with such balance between paper and highlighter as if they were one. She doesn't speak to anyone, except she did ask me once for a scan-tron and I got the vibe she fears public speaking. You see we have a project, and the day the project was introduced she asked me, are we presenting this and I was like," Yes, I believe so." All of a sudden she's like i'm dropping the class. I gave her this look, like seriously, you're going to let your fear take over you like that.

I don't know who she is, she doesn't know who I am, but I do know that once upon a time, I was just like her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment