Friday, March 1, 2013

Future, Present and Past

I look back and turn away,
It moves closer, but I run away.
I go, go, go.
I know, know, know that not much might change, but call me crazy but I believe this might actually work out in the end.
I know I'm just another believer, but it's all I have, it's all I know.
I don't know, what exactly to anticipate, but it has to be something better.
I hope.

I'd be lying if I told you,
I no longer cry, a tear.
I no longer fear,
I no longer scream for help.
I no longer die a bit inside,
I no longer wish I wasn't born,
I no longer fake a laugh, a smile.
I no longer wish to disappear into thin air.

I cried, I screamed, I feared, I faked, I died, but I did live.
They made me laugh,
They patched up some of the pain,
They made a difference in my life,
They learned to love me for me,
They asked for nothing in return, they who tried to understand never pushed me, never made me regret the words that might of slipped from my lips.
They've been discreet, they've been nice, they've been honest, and a true family.
They are my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment